- 200 grams (7 oz) rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Half a medium onion, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped, white and green separated
- Half a large red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 90 grams (3 oz) peas
- 2 - 4 tablespoons curry powder (see notes about curry powder just above)
- 125 grams (4.5 oz) baby corn sliced in half from top to bottom
- 1 lime, in wedges
- Sriracha (optional)
- Soak the noodles until al dente according to the package directions. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and drain. Set aside.
- Mix together the water, soy sauce and sugar and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Fry the onion, white parts of the green onion, and red pepper for a couple minutes until soft, then add the garlic, ginger and peas. Continue frying for another minute or two until the garlic is fragrant and soft without burning. Add the curry powder and fry, stirring constantly, for about two minutes.
- Add the baby corn and prepared rice vermicelli to the pan and stir well to coat in the curry powder. Pour in the water-soy sauce mix and simmer over medium heat until the noodles have absorbed all the liquid. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference. Remove from heat and mix through the green onion tops. Serve with lime slices and sriracha.
Source: Cilantro and Citronella