- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 4)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery (about 3)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes (from about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 3 - 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Pour in broth (if you want lesser ratio of broth use 3 cans then only 3/4 cup of the 4th can) and add tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then add green beans, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 - 30 minutes, then add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Serve warm.