- 2 cups of all purpose flour (use a gluten free blend to make it gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely ground sea salt
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of vegan butter or coconut butter + 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar or white sugar and 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon mixed together
- 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a round cake pan with vegan butter or coconut butter
- Warm the almond milk in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. When the milk is warm add the vegan butter or coconut butter and stir until it’s completely melted. The milk mixture should be between 100-110 degrees to activate the yeast, if it’s too hot it will kill the yeast so be careful not to overheat.
- Remove the milk from the stove top and whisk the yeast into the milk mixture, then whisk in the sugar and salt. Keep whisking until it begins to foam. This should take approximately ten minutes.
- Pour the milk and yeast mixture into a large bowl and hand stir the flour into the mixture until it forms a ball. It will be slightly sticky.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and pour a tiny amount of vegetable oil in your hand and coat the dough so it doesn’t stick to your hands. Knead the dough for one minute and roll it back into a ball. Put it in the cake pan, cover with a clean towel, and let the dough rise in a warm place for thirty minutes.
- When the dough has risen roll it our flat on a clean non-stick surface and brush it with one tablespoon of melted vegan butter or coconut butter. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Roll the long side up and sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar. Use a serrated knife and gently slice into two inch pieces. Arrange the pieces sliced side up in the cake pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the powdered sugar and the almond milk together until it’s thin enough to drizzle over the rolls. Add more milk if it’s not thick enough or more sugar if it’s too thin.