- 1 cup of dried kidney beans (see post) or 2 cups of pre-cooked beans
- 1 medium sized carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 gluten free oats
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (soy free alternative to soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 ground coriander
- approx 1 tsp of pink salt
- 8 sprigs of thyme
- coconut oil
- If using dried kidney beans cook them in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes and drain.
- Skip the above step if you have chosen to use precooked drained beans.
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat then proceed to sauteed the minced garlic and onion until translucent. Set aside to cool
- Lay the beans out on a flat even clean surface and mash them down. Once done, scoop them up and place in a large bowl.
- Add the grated carrots to the bean bowl followed by the cool onion/garlic mixture, tomato puree, coconut aminos, pink salt, ground coriander, cumin and chilli.
- Carefully pick the small thyme leaves from their stem and sprinkle into the bowl.
- Finally pour in the gluten free oats and start to mix and combine all of the ingredients together
- Shape the bean mixture into large flat patties.
- Melt some coconut oil (approx 4 tbsp) in a non stick (very important) frying pan on medium heat.
- Cook the patties until golden on each side (should take 2-3 minutes per side).
- Repeat the above step with the remaining patties
Source: That Girl Cooks Healthy