- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth (I recommend Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- juice of 1 lemon
To the pot, add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with their juices, thyme, rosemary and the quinoa. Bring to a low boil, cover and cook for about 15 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook for 5 more minutes, until heated through.
Remove the sprig of rosemary then squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon and stir to combine. Serve warm and enjoy!