- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 ripe & spotty bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (or any plant milk)
- 1/4 cup plain applesauce
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled gluten-free oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup crushed pecan pieces (or walnuts)
- 1 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners or spray with nonstick spray. (I sprayed the muffin liners too, just to be safe!)
- In a small bowl, mix together ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mash bananas. Then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, except the pecans and blueberries.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry, adding in the "flax egg" mixture too, and mix until well combined, don't over mix! Gently fold in the pecans and blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full (this recipe makes approximately15 muffins!) I like to add extra blueberries on top, and a sprinkle of oats too.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Bake the rest of the muffins.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Source: The Glowing Fridge