- 2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - optional, use if you like fluffy/less dense frittata
- 1 teaspoon italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika or smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch pepper -optional
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast - optional, for a cheesy flavor
Vegetable filling - choose 3 cups of your favorite vegetables
- 1 cup curly kale trimmed, chopped
- 1 cup capsicum ,cubed, I used half red + half yellow + half green
- 1 cup orange sweet potatoes -peeled, finely cubed
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Spray a 12-hole non stick muffin tray with olive oil or simply rub olive oil in each muffin hole using a piece of absorbent paper. Make sure you oil them very well to avoid the frittata to stick. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, spices and baking powder if used.. Whisk in the water until combined. It will be very liquid and that is ok. Set aside while you prepare your vegetable filling.
- Finely cube or chop your vegetables and mix them into the frittata batter.
- Fill each muffin hole with 1/3 cup of batter.
- Bake at 200 C (400 F) for 30 minutes or until the border are golden and the center is set - check using a toothpick inserted in center, if it comes out clean it is ready.
- Loosen the sides using a knife to easy remove the frittata from the tray.
- Serve immediately with a green salad on side, or cool down on a rack and store leftover in a airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
Recipe NotesFreezing: freeze well in an airtight container. Defrost an hour before and quicly rewarm in the oven at 160 C (320F) for 3-5 minutes or until warm in the center
Storage: store well in the fridge up to 3 days. Can be rewarm in the oven at 160 C (320F) for 3-5 minutes or until warm in the center. At wor, rewarm in a sandwich press - I recommend to wrap the frittata between two pieces of parchment paper to keep the moist texture - and rewarm 3 minutes in a hot sandwich press).
Serving: I love to top up my chickpea flour frittata with mashed avocado, homemade tomato sauce or hummus and a green salad on side.
Source: Sweet as Honey