- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups frozen green peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the olive oil, chopped red onion, and garlic in a medium sized dutch oven. Cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the broth and the rice and bring to a boil. Once it boils, turn off the heat and put the cover on the pot and place in the oven.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 55 minutes. Right before the baking time is up, cook the peas (either steam in a pan, or cook in the microwave).
- Remove the risotto from the oven and place on a burner turned to medium heat. Add the white wine, nutritional yeast, vegan buttery spread, and salt. Stir constantly for about 5 minutes or until the risotto thickens up.
- Drain the peas and add to the risotto. Stir well. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this dish. Peas aren’t your thing? Try carrots, green beans, or even diced butternut squash. Want to add a little something extra? Go ahead! If you can do dairy and want to add cheese, you can do that. If you want to stir in some spinach at the end, go for it! Make this dish your own.
Source: The Pretty Bee