- 1 medium cucumber - $0.62
- ½ teaspoon plus a couple pinches of salt, divided - $0.02
- 1 medium tomato, diced - $0.14
- A quarter of a red onion, diced - $0.08
- A quarter of a green pepper, diced - $0.21
- 4 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives - $0.38
- 1 large jar (540 grams / 19 oz) chickpeas - $0.75
- 200 grams (7 oz) vegan yogurt (I used soy) - $2.50
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill - $0.19
- 1 clove of garlic, minced - $0.04
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - $0.24
- Pepper, to taste - $0.02
- 2 cups (112 grams) chopped lettuce - $0.33
- 4 large tortillas - $1.59
Grate half the cucumber and sprinkle it with a pinch of salt. Place it in a strainer over a bowl and leave it to drain while you chop all your veggies. Also dice the other half of the cucumber. Combine the diced cucumber, tomato, red onion, green pepper, and black olives.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and put them in a bowl. Smash them with your hands or with a fork.
Squeeze as much water out of the grated cucumber as possible. In a bowl combine the grated cucumber, vegan yogurt, dill, garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Add 3 tablespoons of the tzatziki to the smashed chickpeas along with ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Mix well.
Make the wraps with a handful of lettuce, smashed chickpeas, mixed diced vegetables and a few dollops of tzatziki. If you like you can toast the finished wraps in a dry pan over medium-high heat. Start seam side down to keep them from unwrapping.
Source: The Stingy Vegan