Ingredients for Vegetable Malai Koftas:
- 2 boiled potatoes mashed
- 1 carrot chopped and steamed
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 cup cauliflower or broccoli florets steamed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Ingredients to be ground into a paste:
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- an inch piece of ginger
- 2 green chillies roughly chopped
- 5 cashew nuts
Other Ingredients for Kofta Curry:
- 2 cups homemade tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- To begin making the Vegetable Malai Kofta we will first make the kofta balls.
- Add all the steamed vegetables into the food processoralong with the gram flour, salt and cumin powder. Pulse to make a coarse kofta dough mixture. Check the salt and adjust to suit your taste.
- Shape the kofta dough into bite-size lemon balls and keep them aside. About 8 to 10.
- Roll each ball in over the breadcrumbs so they get coated evenly. You can now cook the kofta's in the oven st 350 degree temp for 40 minutes or until the koftas turn golden brown in colour. Remove the kofta's from the oven once baked and keep them aside.
- The next step is to make the Kofta Curry
- Heat a tablespoon of water in a heavy bottomed pan; add onion-ginger-garlic paste. Saute until the raw smell goes away. Add in the pureed tomatoes and the remaining ingredients for the gravy and simmer for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked and the gravy is thickened.
- Once the Malai Kofta tomato gravy has thickened add in the Kofta Balls and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Garnish with fresh limes and cilantro leaves and serve over a bowl of brown rice or naan. Enjoy!
Source: Jax Vegan Couple