3 SANDWICHES10 MINUTESCook Time
Report this ad
- 1 block (12 oz ) Extra firm tofu (340 grams)
- 1 cup Vegan Barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika or Red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce (light)
- 6 slices of Whole grain wheat bread or bread of your choice
- 3/4 cup Homemade Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 large Tomato, sliced
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- Handful of big Fresh Lettuce leaves
- Handful of homemade Fresh sprouts
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
CHANGE SERVING SIZE: SANDWICHES
CHANGE UNITS:MetricUS Imperial
- Unpack Tofu. Squeeze hard to drain water. Pat it dry.
- Slice into pieces. Sliced tofu ready for marinade.
- In a large bowl, assemble all the ingredients listed under 'FOR TOFU'. Whisk to combine. Add tofu and coat it well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat and grease a heavy bottomed pan. Add tofu and cook until the bbq sauce thickens and the flavor deepens. Keep turning at intervals.
- When done remove from heat and assemble rest of the ingredients. Try to cut onion and tomato nice and thick.
- Toast the bread.
- Generously apply mayo on both the slices.
- Top with lots of crispy fresh lettuce.
- Add tofu slices.
- Top with onion and tomato slices.
- Add sprouts and.
- Finally add the top layer.