Our mission is to make organic healthy meals affordable and accessible for everyone. We selected this recipe because it provides a very balanced and delicious meal for those who are on the go and are seeking good, nutritious and delicious vegan dish.
This dish provides a balance of carbohydrates, fiber, and protein that is filling and affordable. Organic rice is used as the carbohydrate; it is filling, inexpensive, and easy to make. Sautéed seasonal organic vegetables provides a lot of vitamins, fiber, and minerals, and are fresh and more affordable than out of season items. Last, our tofu croquette provides a boost of protein from tofu and mushrooms. The mushrooms also provide an extra boost of anti-oxidants, selenium (an anti-inflammatory), and Vitamin D.
- I cup of cooked rice (organic white or brown rice)
- 1 head organic bok choy
- 1 organic carrot
- Some chopped organic brussels sprouts
- Some chopped organic cabbage
- Some organic mung bean sprout (grown by House of Leaf & Bean)
- Some organic onion stripes
- I tbsp organic olive oil or canola oil
- Pinch organic minced garlic and ginger
- Pinch organic cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp organic soy sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
Kale and Mushroom Croquettes
- ‐ 4 cups tofu freshly made by the House of Leaf & Bean (squeeze out the additional water)
- ‐ 1 cup kale
- ‐ 2 cups mushroom
- ‐ 1⁄2 cup green onions
- ‐ 2 tbsp corn starch
- ‐ 2tbsp flour
- ‐ 1 tbsp olive oil
- ‐ 11/4 tbsp salt
- ‐ 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ‐ 1 pinch fresh ginger
- - 1 tsp minced garlic
--- Rice Bowl
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker* or stove top.
- Place the organic cooked rice in the bottom of the bowl
- Put the organic cooked vegetables onto the rice
- Put the cooked organic tofu croquette onto the sautéed vegetable
- Finish by decorating with shredded raw carrots, cilantro leaves, or other colorful vegetables.
*a rice cooker makes the preparation of rice easy and fast. The rice can be cooked and will stay warm in the rice cooker while the vegetables and croquettes are prepared.
--- Sauté the vegetables
- Add oil to the frying pan and set the heat to medium
- Put the minced garlic and ginger into the pan stir until light brown. Be careful to monitor it, as it can burn suddenly.
- Put all the remaining vegetables into the pan and sauté for approx. 2 minutes
- Sprinkle salt and cayenne pepper onto the vegetables
- Stir the vegetables until soft, but still crispy. Be careful not to over-cook them, they should retain a slight firmness or crunch, such as an “al dente” feel.
- Last, just before finishing, add soy sauce for coloring and seasoning and stir.
--- Tofu Croquette
- Mix all ingredients except for the starch and flour in a big bowl and slightly grind them using the food processer
- Add the starch and flour into the vegetable mix
- Make round patties (2 dia x 1/2” thick)
- Pan-fry the patties until light brown
- Flip over to do both sides.
A simple, fresh, and organic meal is ready to serve! It is deliciously yummy. It will make your stomach sing not sick!
Source: House of Leaf & Bean