- 3 cups dried elbow macaroni (12 oz) (I used gf)
- 5 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup onions
- 1 cup kidney or black beans, drained
- You will need a pot large enough so that you can cook all the ingredients in it. A smaller one won’t work in this case
- In this large pot heat a bit of oil or vegetable broth for oil free cooking. Add minced garlic and the optional onions and bell pepper. Fry everything for around 2 minutes.
- Now add 3 cups uncooked macaroni pasta, followed by enchilada sauce, vegetable broth, and nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper.
- Also now is the time to add the optional seasonings like Italian seasoning, chili powder, or cumin. Mix well and cook everything for 10 minutes.
- Last add the optional black or kidney beans and finish with the cashew milk. Cook for 5 minutes longer.