4 oz whole-wheat pasta
3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 to 2 tbsp minced fresh sage
1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice
pinch of dried oregano
pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
salt and pepper, to taste
vegan Parmesan for garnish (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over low until thoroughly warm, about 5 minutes.
3. Taste, adding more sage if desired plus salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cover and let sauce rest for 5 to 10 minutes, allowing the flavor to merge and sauce to thicken slightly.
5. Toss cooked pasta with pumpkin sauce and taste, adding more salt and pepper, if needed.
6. Garnish with vegan Parmesan if desired.