1 3/4 cup white flour, organic
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup raw demerara sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup fresh orange juice + 1/2 tsp zest
1/2 cup water + 1 Tbsp flax seeds
1/3 cup oil (The Girls Gone Green love using virgin coconut oil)
1/2 tsp almond extract (optional)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
* 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
* 1/4 cup chopped nuts
* 2 Tbsp rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the flax seeds with the water, stir well, and set aside for five minutes to thicken.
3. Combine the dry ingredients. Fold in the wet. Fold and stir until mixture is smoothed. It will be a soft, pourable, silky and thick texture - not liquid.
4. Pour into greased loaf pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes - or until toothpick test comes out clean. Let cool at least
ten-twenty minutes before slicing. Serve warm or chill in fridge for up to about 3 days. Will freeze well.
note: if baking as muffins bake for about 17-22 minutes.