2 poblano peppers
8 small potatoes
1 small can organic beans, drained
6 Flour tortillas
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lime, optional
A handful cilnatro
Chopped Romaine lettuce
Mexican style hot sauce (prepared)
1. Roasted the poblano peppers over a gas flame or in the oven. When the skin is nicely charred remove from heat and let sit covered for 30 minutes, then peel the skin off and discard.
2. Cut the poblanos along the natural sections and removed seeds and white membrane. Be careful as sometimes the poblanos are hot (spicy) and their oil can burn your skin. The oil resides in seeds and white membrane so be careful and even wear kitchen gloves if necessary. Cut the poblanos into strips and set aside.
3. Wash the potatoes and if the skin is thin do not peel. Place the potatoes in a steamer pot over water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until potatoes are cooked through. You can pierce them with a thin knife to check if they are done. When they are done let cool until you can handle them and then cut into bite-size pieces.
4. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the onion and cook until translucent, 3 minutes or so. Add the chopped garlic and cook until fragrant.
5. Add the potatoes and cook until they are crisp on the outside. It won’t take long as they are already cooked.
6. Add the chili powder , oregano, salt and pepper.
7. Add the poblano strips and mix gently to combine.
8. Add the drained canned beans (you can mash them slightly with a fork).
9. Add the cilantro and mix.
2 ripe tomatoes
1 small onion, chopped fine
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped