1/3 cup warmed almond milk
2 (1/4 oz each) packets dry active yeast
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup corn starch
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 sea salt
5 tbsp softened Earth Balance margarine (soy free)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp Earth Balance, soy free
3-4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. Proof yeast in warm milk until foamy.
2. In large mixing bowl combine proofed yeast and almond milk with granulated sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
3. In separate bowl combine ingredients for flour mix. Gradually combine flour mix into wet ingredients until a very sticky elastic dough is formed, scraping down sides as necessary.
4. Turn dough ball out onto a piece of plastic wrap.
5. Cover with another piece of plastic and roll dough out until you have achieved about a 12 x 16″ rectangle of dough. The thinner the better, but don’t go too thin.
6. Gently spread 5 tbsp softened margarine in an even layer on top of dough, and then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar filling mix.
7. Starting with the shortest side, roll the dough up using the Saran Wrap like a magical guide. Try your best to keep the dough taught and the plastic wrap from getting embedded in the dough.
8. Using a sharp, thick, clean knife, slice the rolls one by one and carefully place them into an 8″ greased cake pan, leaving about an inch between each roll.
9. Cover loosely with cloth and let rise in warm area for 50 minutes.
10. Once the rolls have risen completely. Bake in preheated oven at 350 °F for 30 minutes.