1 (20 oz) can jackfruit in brine, drained, rinsed and solid center piece removed
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp paprika
1.5 tsp mustard powder
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
¼ cup water
½ cup barbeque sauce
1 package taco shells
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
Other taco fixing of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Heat coconut oil in a small pot. Sauté onion and garlic until translucent. Add jackfruit, red pepper flakes, paprika, cayenne pepper, mustard powder and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes being sure not to burn spices.
3. Mix together water and barbeque sauce until smooth in a bowl. Add sauce to pan and simmer jackfruit for 15 to 20 minutes until softened, pulling jackfruit apart as it cooks
4. Spread jackfruit mixture on lined sheet pan and cook in oven 10 to 15 minutes, until slightly dried out. Add more barbeque sauce if desired.
5. Heat taco shells until soft.
6. Put desired amount of jackfruit onto taco shells and garnish with desired toppings.