1/2 cup millet
1 1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons oil
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped each red bell pepper, bell pepper, carrots
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2-1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley
black pepper or red chili powder to taste
1 teaspoon soy sauce or coconut aminos(optional)
1/2 regular size yam or sweet potato, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup dry Rice
1/4 cup dry Split peas or other lentils
1/4 cup Oat flour(optional)
1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 inch ginger
1/2 teaspoon garam masala or other spice blend of choice
chili powder or black pepper to taste
3/4 teaspoon salt (add more later if needed)
1-2 cups water
1 teaspoon active yeast
Variations: Add lemon juice of vinegar for a tangy crepe
Add some chipotle peppers or sauce.
Chopped tomatoes, red onions and cilantro Or Pico de gallo
Jalapeno Aioli - Blend minced jalapeno with vegan mayo (Just Mayo) and non dairy milk to get desired consistency
1. Soak the uncooked rice and split peas/lentils for 15-30 minutes in warm-hot water.
2. Drain and add to blender.
3. Add all the other ingredients and 1 cup water and blend.
4. Add more water if needed to get a smooth thin batter.
5. Blend 2-3 full cycles so the rice and lentils break down well.
6. Add yeast to the batter. Mix well and let sit for 30 minute to an hour. Can be refrigerated for a day. Best results with rice soaked for an hour and then fermented for an hour.
7. Mix well, add more water if needed and proceed to make crepes.
8. Heat a non stick pan on medium high heat.
9. Once hot, Drizzle oil and spread using a damp paper napkin.
10. Pour a ladle full of the batter and spread any way you like. The batter should be thin enough to spread on its own by moving the pan too.
11. Cook for 2-4 minutes until the bottom is golden and easily comes off.
12. Loosen the entire crepe from the pan before flipping.
13. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
1. In a deep pan, add oil and heat on medium.
2. Add onions and saute until brown. cook longer for darker smokier end result.
3. Add the rest of the veggies and mix well.
4. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Wash the millet for 15 seconds, then add to the veggies.
6. Add the spices, salt. liquid smoke and mix well.
7. Add water, partially cover and cook until the water comes to a boil.
8. Lower the heat to low and continue cooking stirring once in between for 15+ minutes.
9. Once the millet has absorbed almost all the water and is tender. Take off heat.
10. Fluff, taste and adjust salt and spice, cover and let for 5 minutes.
Warm the crepes on a pan and serve filled with the millet.
Top crepes with Pico de gallo or chopped tomato, onions, cilantro and a generous drizzle of Jalapeno Aioli.