8 oz (1 package) chopped tempeh, half an onion, 1 large pepper or two small peppers, 4 minced garlic cloves, handful of cherry tomatoes, and a pinch of salt.
1. Put a skillet/frying pan over medium heat. Add olive olive oil and peppers. Sauté and let them soften for 5 minutes.
2. Add the chopped tempeh to the skillet (a trick to get the tempeh extra brown is to add a little soy sauce while sautéing).
3. After the tempeh has started to brown, add the garlic, tomatoes, onions, and a pinch of salt. Cook until everything is wilted.
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup water.
1. In a sauce pan, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, chili powder, black pepper & water.
2. After the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat. Let it reduce for 5 minutes and remove from the burner.