1/2 cup lightly toasted hazelnuts, with skin
1/2 cup lightly toasted cashews
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup; or 10 drops pure stevia liquid
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
1-1/4 cups unsweetened, plain or vanilla soy or almond milk
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw first if frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 4-6 cup casserole dish.
3. In the bowl of a high-speed blender, place the nuts, oats, applesauce, vanilla, agave, cinnamon and salt.
4. Pour the milk over all and blend for about a minute, until perfectly smooth and creamy.
5. Pour mixture into the casserole dish, then gently fold in the blueberries (scatter a few extra blueberries over the top if you like, as they won’t sink).
6. Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, rotating the casserole about halfway through, until the edges begin to puff and crack and the top appears dry.
7. Allow to cool somewhat before serving; may be served warm or cold.