8 artichoke hearts chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 cups of frozen spinach squares thawed
½ cup chopped olives
1 tsp coriander seeds
Himalayan salt to taste
½ lemon squeezed (use the juice)
a handful of chopped coriander/cilantro
2 Tbsp tomato paste/puree
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp curry powder (optional)
1 cup frozen peas
2 Tbsp capers (the ones in a jar)
1 tsp maple syrup
½ cup water
500g shortcrust pastry
1. Fry the onions and garlic, then add the tomato paste and frozen peas, and allow them to thaw for a few seconds as you mix.
2. Now add the remaining ingredients except for the lemon juice, coriander/cilantro and water, and continue to mix on a medium heat for a few moments.
3. Next, add the liquids a little at a time, whilst allowing your mix to simmering gently – do this 3 or 4 times, with intervals in between. You’ll then need to let your dish simmer for over 20 minutes to reduce, leaving a thickish consistency.
4. Then allow the mixture to cool off – taste it for salt.
5. Meanwhile, pre-heat your oven to 375ºF.
6. Now roll your pastry – then line your pie dish or dishes with the pastry, remembering to leave enough to cover your filling. Then spoon your filling into the dish/dishes, cover with your pastry top, brush with a little vegan milk, and place in the oven covered with foil for 20 minutes. Then uncover, and continue to bake until golden.