For the Garlic CrunchTopping
1-1/2 cups Corn Flake cereal
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small clove garlic, minced (optional)
For the Dressing:
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
6-10 drops plain stevia liquid, to your taste
1/3-1/2 cup filtered water, as needed
For the salad
1 medium head broccoli (about 2 stalks), cut into bite-sized florets (about 4 cups florets)
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
2 green onions, sliced
Prepare the Topping:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and garlic. In a medium bowl, toss the corn flakes with the sesame seeds. Pour the oil/garlic mixture over the dry ingredients and toss with a spoon until the cereal is evenly coated.
3. Spread the mixture on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and cereal is lightly browned.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside.
While the topping bakes, prepare the dressing:
1. Place the cashews in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water; allow to soak for 5 minutes, then drain.
2. In a blender, mix the drained cashews with remaining ingredients until perfectly smooth (start with 1/2 cup water and add more if required for desired texture). Scrape down sides a few times if necessary so everything is well blended. Set aside.
Make the salad:
1. Toss the broccoli, carrot and onion in a large bowl with the dressing.
2. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle liberally with garlic crunch topping. Enjoy immediately.