2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/4 teaspoons Salt
1 Cup Almond Milk
4 Tablespoons Margarine (softened)
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
1 Cup Frozen Cherries (defrosted)
2 Tablespoons Applesauce
Raw Sugar & Raw Almond Slices to sprinkle over the top, if desired.
Baking Spray (there are several vegan ones – just read the label to make sure)
1. Heat oven to 400. Spray your muffin pan with a light coating of Baking Spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt with a wire whisk to make sure they are blended. Add Almond Milk, Margarine, Almond Extract and Applesauce and blend with a hand held electric mixer on the lowest
3. Fold in the defrosted Cherries.
4. Fill muffin pan about 3/4 of the way full. Then sprinkle the top with Raw Sugar and a few Raw Almond Slices.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown and you can remove a toothpick from the largest muffin cleanly.