1 (1 lb) box Orzo Pasta
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
1 teaspoon Salt, plus more to taste
2 cups Chopped Tomato
2 cups Chopped Cucumber
2 cups packed Baby Spinach or Arugula
3 Tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- Boil and drain pasta according to package directions, keeping an al dente texture.
- Pour the hot, drained pasta into a large bowl and stir in the olive oil. Let cool to room temperature.
- Shortly before serving, stir in the lemon juice, zest, agave, and salt.
- Right before serving, stir in the vegetables and herbs.
- This recipe is lightly dressed, add more dressing and/or salt to taste. Also, feel free to jazz this recipe up with different herbs and vegetables to make it your own.
- Lemon juice will break down the vegetables so stir them in right before service.
- To make in advance. Chill the pasta dressed in olive oil only. Mix the remaining dressing ingredients and prep the vegetables and store separately. Stir everything together right before service.