1 cup pizza dough
4 Tbsp pesto sauce
5 strips vegan mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup corn meal
red pepper flakes
1 tsp pine nuts
1/2 bunch fresh basil
3/4 cup pine nuts or walnuts, raw
2 lemons, juiced
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
5 garlic cloves
1 tsp red
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp vegan Parmesan cheese (optional)
1/2 cup Italian parsley
To Make Pesto:
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. I like a thick pesto for this pizza, so if you need to add more pine nuts or basil, go ahead. You may also want to add more salt-do a taste test first.
1. Punch out the dough.
2. Knead it a bit on a corn meal floured surface. You can do a few pizza dough tosses in the air before rolling it out with a rolling pin. Using your fingers, press out the dough so that the outer crust is much thicker than the inside crust. The thinnest part of the crust should be the center.
3. Rub 1 Tbsp olive oil allover the front and back of the pizza dough. Drag the bottom of the dough through your cornmeal.
4. Let the pizza sit and rise for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Now you can start layering your pizza.
6. Spread the pesto thickly on the crust. Drape the cheese over the pesto. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the cheese. Drizzle 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil on top of the pie. And brush the crust with the other 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle a bit of corn meal on the top and sides of the crust. You're done!
7. Bake the pizza at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
8. Broil the pizza for 3 minutes to bubble the top cheese layer.
9. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and some fresh red pepper flakes. Serve...