4 servings of pasta
2 tablespoons of Earth Balance or vegan butter
2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour (or cornstarch)
2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
⅓ cup of nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Freshly ground peppercorn to taste
Salt to taste
¼ - ⅓ cup of finely chopped fresh Italian parsley (or dried parsley)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a small saucepan, melt Earth Balance over a low-medium heat, and whisk in flour or cornstarch until a bubbly, thick paste forms.
- Add in almond milk and nutritional yeast, and turn up heat to medium.
- Whisk cheese sauce over a medium heat until a bubbles begin to form and the sauce begins to thicken.
- When mixture has a thick, velvety texture, return to a low heat, and mix in dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over pasta on low heat. Stir together, and garnish with parsley.
- Serve warm.