2 large, very ripe bananas
½ cup orange juice plus zest of one orange
1 15-ounce can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
½ cup Date Paste
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tablespoon alcohol-free Vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries, unsweetened or fruit juice sweetened
3 cups oats
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process bananas and OJ until smooth.
- Add pumpkin, date paste, extract, zest, flax seeds and spice and continue processing until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the oats and dried cranberries.
- Spoon an equal amount of batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners or silicone baking cups. You need to fill each muffin liner with about ½ cup of batter as these do not rise. A retractable ice cream scoop works well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the nuts and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly into each of the 12 muffin liners. A cheese grater or nut grinder works well for grinding the nuts.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.