1 vegan spicy Boca chick'n burger
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 small sweet onion, sliced into rings
1/4 cup salsa
a few sprinkles of nutritional yeast (optional)
fine black pepper
2-3 Tbsp garlic hummus
1 skinny bun, toasted (or any fave bread - sprouted grain toast would be nice too)
garnish: fresh parsley + side of tahini or hummus
- Saute the onion, pepper and black pepper + optional nutritional yeast for a few minutes until everything starts to smell amazing and the edges get all caramelized and blackened.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the salsa. Once you have poured, you can turn the heat back up to high and saute for another minute until the veggies absorb the salsa and the excess moisture cooks off.
- Now scooch your veggies over to one side of your pan and toss in your Boca chick'n burger. Heat through. Add another splash of salsa and saute. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Toast bread and spread the hummus.
- Plate the bread and pile those veggies and chik'n burger on top. Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley and fresh black pepper. Serve with extra hummus, tahini sauce and/or fruit if you'd like.