1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your fave non-dairy milk)
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and allspice into a mixing bowl.
2. Mix in the oats. Make a well in the center and add applesauce, milk, maple syrup, oil and vanilla.
3. Stir with just until combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes or so, it will thicken a bit.
4. Fold in the blueberries. Don’t worry too much about the blueberries bleeding into the batter, it’s no biggie.
5. Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturer directions. In my 8 inch waffle iron, you can use a heaping 1/2 cup of batter. Remember to spray or brush the iron with oil in between each waffle.