1 medium to large sweet potato, cubed
4 Tbsp Olive Oil (divided)
Salt & pepper to taste
8 mushrooms, diced
3 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
1 can (6 oz) diced green chilis, drained and rinsed
1 pack (12 oz) silken tofu, drained and roughly chopped
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp cumin
2 cups spinach
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
4 medium sized tortillas (gluten free option)
Toppings of choice: salsa shown
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix well and roast for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, add remaining olive oil to a pan and turn on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and green onions and cook for a few minutes until mushrooms start to become tender (3-5 minutes).
- Add silken tofu, green chilis, nutritional yeast and cumin. Mix well and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until tofu is warm. Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Add salt an pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Heat beans in the same pan or a separate pan until warm.
- Once potatoes are done assemble burritos by layering tortillas with tofu mixture, potatoes and beans.
- Wrap and serve with toppings of choice.
- SIMPLIFICATION STEP: Eliminate potatoes or roast ahead of time