2 cups white whole-wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons flaxseed
6 tablespoons water
2/3 cup soy milk
1/3 cup agave nectar
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup peach slices
¼ cup fresh berries
¼ cup slightly warmed jam
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine your flaxseed and water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
5. Pour in soy milk, nectar, oil, and flax seed mixture. Fold gently with a spatula until combined.
6. Scrape batter into prepared pan. Top with sliced peaches and berries. Bake in preheated over for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. While still warm, brush warmed jam over the top of your cake. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.