12.5 oz firm silken tofu
¼ c plus 2 Tbsp olive oil, separated
1 c matzoh meal
1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp celery seed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped into half-circles
2 celery stalks, chopped into half-moons
1 handful fresh dill, chopped
6 c vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, blend together tofu and ¼ cup oil.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in matzo meal, nutritional yeast, salt, baking powder, onion, pepper, garlic, and celery seed.
- Place dough in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
- In a large pot, saute onion, carrot, and celery in 2 Tbsp olive oil until soft.
- Add dill and stock and set aside.
- Using your hands or a cookie scoop, form mixture into 2″ balls.
- Drop balls into broth.
- Bring broth to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.