8 slices bread, toasted
1 lb. tempeh, sliced in thin squares
1 can pineapple rings
1 jar vegan sandwich spread or vegan cheese
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
pinch sweet paprika powder as garnish
8 candied cherries as garnish
1. Toast the bread in a toaster.
2. Slice the tempeh in 8 thin squares.
3. Warm the oil in a frying pan and braise the tempeh until golden brown on each side.
4. Remove from the heat, brush with the tamari sauce.
5. Drain 8 pineapple rings on a paper town, then lay in the warm frying pan to lightly brown and warm.
6. Once the bread is toasted, spread with vegan sandwich spread or vegan cheese.
7. Lay 1 tempeh slice on each slice of bread.
8. Top with the pineapple.
9. Dust with sweet paprika powder and place a cherry in the middle.