- 1 cup red lentils (soak them for about 4 hours; it makes them a little easier on the digestive system)
- 3 cups red rooibos tea
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional, but highly recommended)
- Maple syrup, to taste
- So Delicious® Dairy-Free Vanilla Coconut Milk, as needed
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Once the lentils have been soaked and drained, place them in a pot with the brewed tea.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to low to medium.
- After ten minutes, stir in the diced apple and spices.
- Cook for another 30 to 40 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
- Ladle about half a cup into each of 4 small serving bowls. Drizzle each with a bit of maple syrup and splash with a generous amount of coconut milk.