2 tsp cornstarch (use arrowroot to make corn-free, add another 1 tsp for thicker sauce and glaze)
2 Tbsp warm water (1/4 cup for thinner and more sauce)
2 Tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp maple syrup, agave or 1 Tbsp raw sugar
1+ Tbsp Asian Hot Chili paste/sambal oelek or 2 tsp of Sriracha (or to taste)
Zest of 1 cutie clementine or small orange
Juice of 1 cutie or orange (1/3+ cup)
1 Tbsp Oil
1/2 package of firm Tofu (14 oz), cubed, patted down with paper towels to remove excess moisture
2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped/sliced
1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
1. In a bowl, whisk cornstarch and water. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple, hot chili sauce, orange juice and zest, and reserve.
2. Heat oil in a very large nonstick pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu to pan and cook, browning on most sides, about 6-8 minutes. Cover the pan if there is too much sputtering.
3. Add garlic and sliced bell pepper or blanched veggies and cook for half a minute.
4. Add the sauce and cook until sauce begins to bubble(2-4 minutes). Then reduce heat, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Serve with rice or other grains.