3 cups fluffy quinoa (quinoa cooking instructions here) *unflavored, cooked in salted water
1 cup vanilla soy milk warm
spices of your choosing (cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne)
Bowl of my Sticky Banana Bread Cereal Topping
1. Spoon your fluffy quinoa into serving bowls. Add however
much vanilla soy milk you would like. Add more for a thinner bowl and less for a thick bowl. Heat in microwave on high for about 1-2 minutes just to warm and thicken the creamy quinoa (the same way you would for oatmeal - only the quinoa is fully cooked already).
2. Prepare your Sticky Banana Bread Topping on your stove top. this should take about 6 minutes. Very easy. And this is what makes the entire house smell like warm banana bread.
3. Add an optional dollop of almond butter to your quinoa, some cinnamon, and then a few scoops of the warm topping. Enjoy!
Sticky Banana Bread Cereal Topping
1 1/4 cups raw walnuts, roughly chopped/some left whole
2 bananas, diced into chunky cubes
2-3 Tbsp agave or maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp vanilla extract (opt’l)
1 tbsp safflower oil + pinch of salt OR 1 Tbsp vegan butter spread (veg spread)
optional: dash of cayenne for those who like it with some heat!
1. Warm up a nonstick skillet. And prep your fruit and nuts.
2. Add the oil or butter – wait until sizzling hot.
3. Toss your bananas and walnuts with the sweetener, spices and vanilla. Add to hot skillet.
4. Allow to saute for about 5 minutes over med-high heat. Stir a bit so that the nuts don’t burn.
5. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Add to cereal or store in the fridge until ready to be used. The mixture will become sticky in the fridge.