1 Cup Soymilk
1 1/2 Cup Flour (you'll need more to flour your surfaces)
2 Tablespoons Margarine
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Applesauce
1 Tablespoon EnerG Egg Replacer
3/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Package Dry Yeast
Olive Oil for Frying
Powdered Sugar for Topping
1. In a smaller sauce pan, heat Soymilk until it begins to steam. Stir in the Sugar and Margarine and turn the heat down to a simmer. Once the Margarine is melted, remove from heat and cool to a lukewarm room temperature.
2. In a large bowl, add your Sweetened Soymilk and stir in Yeast, Salt, Nutmeg and Flour. Stir in the Egg Replacer and Applesauce with a large spoon and then blend with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
3. Cover with foil and allow the Batter to chill in the fridge overnight.
4. The next morning, gently knead the Batter on a heavily Floured surface and roll out with a Floured rolling pin. Cut into triangles and/or squares.
5. Lay your cut-out, raw Beignets out on a piece of wax paper and cover with a fabric napkin/towel. Let them rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Fill a dutch oven half way with Olive Oil. Heat your Oil at a high temperature. You want it to bubble.Once it begins to bubble, start tossing the Beignets in one at time. Let them fry for about 30-45 seconds on each side, or until they turn a golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove them, and place them on a plate with a paper towel to soak up extra Oil. Once they are cool--but not cold--cover with powdered sugar.