about 6 cups of cooked pasta (shells, elbows..)
Spicy Cheesy Sauce:
1 can cannellini beans, drained
5-7 Tbsp vegan butter, Earth Balance (melted)
1 1/2 cups sweet potato, baked/peeled
1/2 cup chunky roasted spicy salsa (bottled) OR 1/4 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup plain soy creamer
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/2 cup+ nutritional yeast
black pepper to taste
2 Spicy Chipotle Field Roast Vegan Sausages, diced
1 small white onion, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped (optional)
1 Tbsp safflower oil
garnish: fresh cilantro
1. Start off by boiling your pasta water and cooking your pasta.
2. While the pasta is boiling you can be baking your sweet potato in the microwave (or bake ahead of time in oven) and start you stove top sauté.
3. To saute pan, add oil and heat on med-high. Add the diced onion and sausage - and optional mushrooms. Saute until the sausage browns and edges become crispy. Turn off heat and let sauté rest in pan.
4. Blend up your sauce. Add all the sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Add your sauce to the steaming hot pasta. Fold well. The hot pasta will warm the sauce.
6. Add the sausage and onion mix to the top of the pasta and garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately or keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
note: For extra cheesy pasta, toss the warm pasta in an extra scoop of nutritional yeast before adding sauce.
note: Add more hot sauce over top the serving platter for extra spicy pasta. You could even serve with an extra spoonful of salsa over top each plate of pasta.