1/2 cup light Asian dressing (recipe below)
6 cups savoy cabbage (or romaine lettuce), roughly chopped
1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup salt and pepper shiitakes (recipe below)
1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained (canned or fresh works)
Gardein Crispy Chick'n bits (recipe below)
fine black pepper
5-10 tamari rice crackers
optional garnish: crushed peanuts
2 Tbsp safflower oil
1/4 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp fine black pepper
1 1/2 cups shiitakes, thinly sliced
1 tsp tamari
Light Asian Dressing:
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil (opt'l)
2 tsp tamari (or soy sauce)
extra sweet: add in a splash of maple or agave
spicy: cayenne to taste
for a drier, less sweet dressing: sub rice vinegar with apple cider vinegar
1 bag Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick'n
1/4 cup safflower oil
1. Prep your salad veggies and add to large mixing bowl.
2. Add the dressing ingredients to a cup and whisk briskly. Pour over top greens and toss well. Layer salad greens on serving plates or bowls.
3. Mushrooms: heat the safflower oil in a saute pan. Wait until oil is hot. Add in the mushrooms. Saute until tender and slightly crisp on edges. During last minute of cooking, add in the salt/pepper and tamari. Remove shrooms from pan. Set aside.
4. In same pan, add 2-3 Tbsp safflower oil. Wait until very hot. Cook the Gardein product as instructed on package - adding sauce last once chick'n is mostly cooked. Turn off heat, set aside.
5. Add mandarins and rice crackers to salad. Top with the shiitakes and Gardein crispy chick'n bits. Fine pepper to
taste. Crush peanuts are optional.
Serve while lettuce is still chilled and the shrooms and chick'n is still warm