A handful button mushrooms, quartered
2 slices vegan bacon, cut into thin strips
1 spring onion (shallot), chopped
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 large slice or 2 small pieces of bread of your choice
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a pan and first fry the bacon strips until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Add more oil to the pan and sauté the mushrooms on high heat, stirring all the way through until they are cooked.
3. Meanwhile, toast the bread and spread with vegan margarine.
4. Add the spring onion (shallot) and vegan bacon to the pan and lightly cook them.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place the mixture over your toasts, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.