- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (I used a ½ bunch of parsley)
- 2 pinches of sea salt (I used several)
- 1 (12-ounce) jar tomato sauce, or 1½ cups homemade tomato sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) package jumbo shells, cooked to al dente and drained
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a blender, blend the cauliflower, olive oil, nutritional yeast, almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and sea salt. Don’t overblend. You want to eliminate big chunks of cauliflower, but you still want a coarse consistency.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Stuff the shells with the cauliflower mixture, arrange them in the baking dish, and pour the remaining sauce on top of the shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add some fresh basil and vegan Parmesan cheese on top if you have it! If you don’t have shells, you can also use manicotti, or use the cauliflower ricotta for lasagna.