- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked barley
- 1 large can diced fired-roasted tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 large carrots (or 6 medium), unpeeled and sliced
- 3 large red potatoes, unpeeled and chunked
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, organic
- 1 teaspoon each basil, rosemary, celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Place veggie broth in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Add barley and let cook while prepping the rest of the veggies. Add the tomatoes, onion, celery, red potatoes and corn. Continue to boil for 40 minutes.
2. When veggies and barley are tender, stir in basil, rosemary, celery seeds. Remove from heat. While cooling, add lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.