¾ cup steel cut instant oats
1¾ cups unsweetened almond/rice milk
½ cup apple/white grape juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Apple Cinnamon Sauce
1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
1 red delicious apple
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla rice milk/almond milk
½ cup 100% apple/white grape juice
1 tablespoon corn starch
Topping: Cinnamon, banana
1. To make the oatmeal: Combine the oatmeal, apple/white grape juice, almond/rice milk and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once the mixture is bubbling, turn to medium low and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the oats are soft, stirring continuously. Add extra water/almond milk if the oats turn too dry.
2. To make the apple cinnamon sauce: Finely dice the red delicious apple into small cubes. Add a tablespoon of extra light olive oil in a frying pan and add the diced apples, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Turn the heat to medium high and saute the apple for about 20 minutes until it’s nice and soft.
3. Meanwhile, combine the rice/almond milk, apple/grape juice and corn starch. Mix and stir well until the corn starch dissolves in the liquid and combine them with the apples when they’re soft.
4. The liquid should now thicken a lot. Simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes or so and turn the heat off.
5. Slice half a banana into small coins.
6. Once the oatmeal is done, pour it out into a bowl, add the apple cinnamon sauce and top it with banana coins and a sprinkle of cinnamon.