1 1/3 cups gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mill used)
1 tsp ground flax seeds
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 orange, juiced + pinch of zest (room temperature)
2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp vanilla extract - optional
1/4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 medium carrots, grated
3/4 cup rolled oats or oat flour
3/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
Optional cinnamon cream topping
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp non-dairy milk
1 Tbsp maple syrup,
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with coconut oil.
2. Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
3. Combine the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mashing the bananas very well with the sweetener, citrus juice and oil.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients until a thickened batter forms.
5. Fold in the fold-in ingredients.
6. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle a few rolled oats over top.
7. Bake at 410 for twenty minutes, then reduce heat and bake for an additional 15 minutes at 350. The loaf will firm up a bit as it cools, but keep in mind that this is a hearty, more dense loaf because it is gluten-free and contains a lot of knobby, dense ingredients. Tons of texture in each bits.
8. Cool a bit, slice and serve. Store leftover, covered, in the fridge or freezer and re-warm to serve.