1 large ripe tomato, sliced into thin rounds
2 cups marinara sauce (or homemade recipe)
16 oz. extra firm tofu, sliced into thin strips
1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin, any variety
1/4- 1/2 cup non-dairy cheese, (The Girls Gone Green love Daiya)
2 cups fresh leafy greens like kale, spinach, or mustard greens
1 box vegan lasagna noodles
optional: 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped - chopped basil
1 1/2 cups Chive Nut Cheese Ricotta (see recipe here)
Zesty Garlic Marinade
1 Tbsp garlic powder OR 5 chopped garlic cloves
3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup red wine, apple cider or balsamic vinegar
2-3 Tbsp dried Italian herb seasoning blend
1 tsp black pepper
optional: 1/4 cup fresh basil - chiffonade
optional: a pinch of sea salt rubbed on tofu before placing in marinade
note: if using apple cider or red wine vinegar you may want to add a
splash of agave/maple syrup to sweeten your marinade up a bit. The balsamic
vinegar should have enough sweetness on its own.
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. Make your marinade by combining all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Prep your veggies. Slice you ingredients very thin so that the marinade absorbs quickly.
4. Place your sliced ingredients (tofu, mushrooms, tomatoes, greens) into your marinade bowl. Toss gently. Add more oil/vinegar if needed to cover ingredients. Allow to marinate at least 20 minutes. Otherwise you can prep this part for overnight marination.
5. If you haven't made your Chive Ricotta Lasagna in advance - do it now. Set aside.
6. Begin building your lasagna. See the step-by-step pics for the best "building" details. But basically, sauce,
noodles, sauce, greens, tofu, sauce, noodles, sauce, mushrooms, noodles, ricotta, noodles, sauce, cheese, fresh tomatoes, chives, black pepper. And done! You can really build a lasagna however you'd like though. There are very few rules.
IMPORTANT TIP: Be sure to put a sauce layer on at least one side of each noodle layer - since you are using the no-boil noodles you want your lasagna to be extra extra moist before baking.
7. Cover your lasagna and store in fridge until ready to bake that day. Or bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Note: if baking lasagna from a chilled fridge, your baking time will be longer.