Dry Ingredients: = 6 cups
1/2 head green cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded (2 cups)
2 carrots, shredded (1 cup)
1 cup shredded coconut flakes
1/4 cup raisins
Wet Ingredients: = 1 cup dressing
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup raw mayo (see below)
2 Tbsp Nama Shoyu (or tamari for GF)
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp raw agave nectar
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp curry
1/2 tsp cumin
1. Shred the cabbage either by hand with a knife or in your food processor. Same with the carrots. Place in a large bowl adding in the coconut flakes.
2. In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients and spices. Mix well.
3. Toss together all ingredients, making sure cabbage is evenly coated.
4. If possible, chill for at least an hour and toss thoroughly again before serving. This will allow all the flavors to mingle and blend.
1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hrs or more
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2-3 soft dates, pitted (soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes to soften)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil - to be added last
Preparation for mayo:
- Puree all ingredients, except oil, in food processor or blender and blend until smooth. A blender works best. You need to process it until you don’t feel any graininess in the batter.
- While continuing to blend, add oil in a steady stream, until emulsified.
- Store in a tightly sealed container the fridge for up to 2 weeks.