1 1/2 cups tofu scramble (recipe below)
3 cups cooked pasta, any kind
2 Tbsp soy milk creamer
1/2 large orange, juiced
1/2 large orange, peeled and diced
2 Tbsp vegan Parmesan cheese
splash of olive oil
dash of fine pepper to taste
orange zest, optional
Easy Tofu Scramble
1 1/2 cups extra firm tofu cubes
1 orange, juiced
2 Tbsp soy creamer
1 tsp agave or maple syrup
1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
1 tsp fine black pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp vegan buttery spread
olive or canola oil for pan
handful of chopped parsley or basil
salt and pepper to taste
1) First make the pasta by boiling water and cooking the pasta until al dente, not mushy! The citrus oils will further soften the pasta. Drain pasta and place in large mixing bowl.
2) Add a splash of olive oil to the bowl and toss the pasta well. Next add in the Parmesan cheese to the warm pasta and continue to toss well. The warm pasta will soften the cheese bits and create a nice coated flavor.
3) Next, fold in your fresh orange juice and chopped orange slices.
4)Lastly, fold in the soy milk creamer and optional orange zest and black pepper. Cover the pasta and set aside while you cook the tofu. The pasta will soften up a bit during this time and the flavors will intensify.
5) Next, it's tofu scramble time! First prep all your ingredients. Rub or drizzle a bit (1 tsp or so) of olive or canola oil in your saute pan. Turn your stove top to med-high.
6) Toss in the diced bell pepper. (You can even add in other veggies here, but bell pepper is a fabulous 'scrambled protein' ingredient because the flavor works well. Saute pepper until slightly crisped edges form. Turn heat up to high.
7) Add the orange juice, soy creamer and agave or maple syrup to your pan.
8) Add in the tofu.
9) Add in the cumin and soy sauce.
10) Cover pan with lid or foil and allow the steam to cook the tofu for a few minutes. Toss pan a bit to coat tofu in the liquid.
11) Uncover pan, grab a spatula and begin smashing the tofu into halves, bits and chunks. Use the edge of the spatula. Work the tofu around so that a nice sizzling saute begins. You want all the liquid to marinate into the tofu while steam burns off the excess liquid.
12) At this point you can add in your vegan buttery spread, a few dashes of fine black pepper and continue the saute. Continue tossing and chopping with your spatula until a nice soft, yet caramelized tofu scramble forms.
13) Turn off the heat for plating. Add a scoop of pasta to each plate. Smooth it out flat and add tofu over top.
14) Garnish with some fresh parsley or basil leaves and a sprinkling of vegan parm cheese.