16 vegan jumbo pasta shells
1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup red onion, chopped
1/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cups refried black beans
1/3 cup sweet corn kernels
2 teaspoons chopped green chiles
2 slices vegan cheddar cheese, or equivalent shredded
Taco seasoning, to taste
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/3 cup picante sauce
1/3 cup green olives with pimento, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta shells according to package directions (al dente - do not overcook), rinse with cool water, and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil and a little water in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper, and cook until slightly softened. Lower heat to medium and add white beans, refried beans, corn, green chiles, taco seasoning, cheese slices or shreds, and sea salt and black pepper to taste. Heat, stirring occasionally, until heated throughout and cheese is melted.
3. Mix picante and marinara in a small bowl. Spoon a couple Tablespoons over the bottom of a 8 x 11.5 glass baking dish.
4. Stuff each shell with 1 heaping Tablespoon of bean mixture. Create one layer of shells in the bottom of the dish.
5. Top each shell with approximately 1 Tablespoon of picante/marinara sauce mixture (use a light hand here -- you can always add more to each shell). Sprinkle shells with chopped olives.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30 minutes or until heated throughout.