1 extra large green apple
1 small red onion, or 1/2 a large red onion
8 slices of whole grain or sprouted grain raisin bread
1/2 cups of shredded Daiya Italian blend cheese or another vegan another cheese brand
1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
EVOO for drizzling
1. Slice your apple into thin wide rounds. Do the same with your onion. Set aside. Optional: squeeze some fresh lemon juice over top.
2. Layer bread on panini grill.
3. Add 2-3 Tbsp of Daiya cheese (or another brand) to the bread.
4. Add a slice of apple. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes and a drizzle of EVOO over top the apple.
5. Add one large slice of onion or two small slices.
6. Place the top layer of bread over the sandwich and repeat until the 4 sandwiches are prepared on grill.
7. Turn panini press on and grill for 3-5 min - depending on how hot your grill gets.
8. Remove from grill. Cool a bit. Slice and serve!